Our Coaching Approach
Coaching is a practical form of learning, where I support you in encouraging your personal growth and development. It normally takes the form of a series of structured conversations with the aim of helping you to get from where you are now to where you want to be.
What it is about my coaching that will bring out the best in you:
- I create a relationship with you (the client) that is based on truth, openness and trust.
- I maintain a supportive attitude and commitment to you.
- I listen without judgement – it’s not my role to approve or disapprove of the way you live your life or run your business.
- With me, you can show the full extent of your emotions.
- I am totally focussed on you – what you think and your experiences.
- I believe that you are capable of better results, and that you can find the best solutions.
- I hold a ‘mirror’ to you, objectively showing you the truth about yourself, your strengths, where you sell yourself short and the impact you have on those around you.
What private coaching involves
You may be surprised to learn that more than 90% of coaching is done over the phone or by e-mail. Time is often a huge constraining factor in our lives and may even be one of the main reasons why you are seeking the help of a coach!
Consequently you may be unable to attend regular face-to-face meetings. An initial face to face coaching meeting, lasting 1-1.5 hours, followed by a series of regular telephone calls (of up to an hour) is a common model. Many clients are surprised and delighted to find just how powerful telephone coaching can be. Give me a ring on 01347 810035 to discuss what approach would be best for you.
In considering whether I’m the right coach for you, it’s important for you to know that I only offer coaching sessions during office hours Monday-Friday, 9-5.30 UK time. I have found over the years that, because I value my family time very highly, I’m not at my best as a coach in the hours I would prefer to be spending with them. Without those boundaries, I would be a lesser coach, and a lesser wife and mother too. So if you’re looking for evening or weekend sessions, regretfully I suggest you need to look elsewhere.
Why choose Tea & Empathy Coaching
Personal recommendation and referral is always a good basis on which to choose someone to work with. Check out what my clients say about me on the ‘client testimonial’ page. I take a fresh and practical approach and care deeply about seeing my clients succeed – your success is my success. I will listen to your needs, not just sell you my products. I have a strong commitment to:
- Walk the talk – I’m not asking you to go through anything I’ve not been through myself. I work with my own personal coach, I challenge my own beliefs and assumptions and reach for my dreams. I know this stuff works!
- Conduct myself in a professional manner, respecting confidentiality, acting with integrity and honouring commitments. I am punctual and continually seek to improve and update my professional knowledge and skills.